- Read pp.2-4 of Iowa History article, answer questions about reading on handout (on desk in back of room) due at end of class.
- Iowa Crossword puzzle due Monday
PER 3 DRAWING-
- Read directions on pp.181-187
- Take turns posing & drawing profiles of classmates into sketchbooks
PER 4- Planning period
PER 5 7th GR ART-
- DEAR time (silent reading, many will go to Kathy Marsh's room), 11:52-12:12
- Complete self-critiques & aesthetic scans (will be on island counter) of recently finished oil pastel self-portraits (hung to left of board). Due at end of class period, turn into yellow box.
PER 6 PAINTING- Watch videos on Grant Wood and Edward Hopper, complete Venn diagram comparing/contrasting the two artists.
Go to this Website on laptop (have student turn on projector if you need it.
humanities/art-history/art- history-1907-1960-age-of- global-conflict/American% 20Modernism/v/grant-wood-- american-gothic--1930
If you want & there's time, you may show video on Jackson Pollack too.
PER 7 8th GR ART- Read pp. 248-251 in textbook & answer questions 1-6 on p. 251. Due at end of class period, put in yellow box.
PER 8 YEARBOOK- Go to North Lab; Students may work on any of the following:
- Layouts on yearbookavenue.jostens.com
- "Tag" pictures in Image Gallery (esp. Girls BB & Drill, just uploaded)
- Work on stories due next Tuesday
- Work on Activities 9.1-4 (which will help them prepare stories)
- Study for Module 9 Test (which will be either Mon or Tues, not Fri as planned)
NOTE TO EDITORIAL TEAM Jasmine/Franklin/Shelby/Jade-
- 2 more Sr. Portraits uploaded yesterday
- Rock-n-Prevention and Book Club pictures uploaded (need to add pages to ladder?)
- Great job on cover- its in the mail.