Monday, September 3, 2007

D.E.A.R. Time; book reviews

I have written lots of book reviews on my "Mallory's Milieu" website. I keep many of these books in my classroom and students are more than welcome to borrow them for Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) time fourth hour. The more you read, the easier it gets, the easier it gets, the more you actually enjoy it, and the more you enjoy it, the more you learn, about everything. Smart isn't something you are or aren't- it's something you choose to be and the quickest way to get smarter is by reading.

To read more of my book reviews on everything from mysteries and comic books to politics, philosophy, and religion- just visit http://tmal.multiply.com/reviews

Here is part of a review of a book that I just finished, which I had been reading during DEAR times:
Posted by Mallory's on Sep 2, '07 8:26 PM for everyone
Category:Books
Genre: Mystery & Thrillers
Author:J.A. Jance
Wow, what can I say? I was SO glad to see that Jance wasn't done with her character, Johanna Brady! Brady is the fictional 30-something sheriff of Cochise County in Southeastern Arizona. This time she has been re-elected, re-married, and is 9 months pregnant. This book has her breaking up a dog-fighting ring (very topical, right?) and solving a 30 year old cold case that her dead father was the arresting officer on. She has to deal with her obnoxious mother, being a mother of a teenager herself, her insane new in-laws, worrying about the well being of two of her subordinates, and the media on top of multiple murders.

No comments: