Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Digital Photography

Hi Bulldogs-

I'm looking forward to having you in Dig Photo class this semester. There's just a couple of things I'd like to let you know about even before you come to class tomorrow.

First; You REALLY need to have a camera for this class. Unfortunately we just don't have any school cameras that I can loan you. I'm sorry. We just don't have a budget to be able to purchase them.

Most cell phone cameras probably won't cut it either, their resolution is just too low. If you're fortunate enough to have an iPhone or an iPod touch with a built-in camera, you'll be bale to limp along. If you can't borrow or buy a camera withing the next 2-3 weeks, you may want to talk to Mr. Marlin about taking something else 3rd period.

Second; You MUST register for a free membership at flickr.com as soon as possible. Especially because we have such a large class this semester, it may make sense for you to do this from your own computer at home. If you want to, you should be able to join using your gmail account or yahoo account if you already have either one of those. That includes you school gmail account.

Once you're registered, please search for "Mal Dog" and add me as a contact. Then, you may want to visit our class group at http://www.flickr.com/groups/bvdigphoto and see if you can request membership in it. Once you're on flickr and one of my contacts, I'll make sure that I send you an invitation just in case.

FYI- you can pretty much find out whole class at http://digphoto.wikispaces.com

See you tomorrow,
Mr.Mallory


No comments: