Thursday, January 16, 2014

Eighth Grade Mission Statements


Civics students have been studying the concept of "guiding principles" to help them understand the principles found in the Preamble to the U.S.Constitution. The Preamble lists the goals and values our founders wanted to lead our government's decisions. After considering what values and beliefs they want to help them shape their own future, students were challenged to write their own "preambles;" personal mission statements. If they choose to, they may want to ask Mrs. McQueen to add these to their autobiography projects.

Below are just some of their finished mission statements:

I want to be able to expresi myself, be a person that someone admires, someone that speaks up for other people, meet my goals, be someone who is successful, have confidence and have confidence in myself that I can be successful to my goals. I want to be caring, helpful, kind like I am now still when I get older.

To live each day with purpose and meaning while treating everyone fairly. Attempt to value everyone's learning and hard work and make an effort to do the same.

I want people to think that I am a good business person, who is nice, who cares about people and everything that I do. I want to be an inspiration to others. I want people to look at me and say "because of you, I did not give up."

To be a respectful and caring person that will have a family and let them have rights. I will always love my parents.

I want to be a loyal, trustworthy, and caring person that people can count on.

I want to us my knowledge to express myself in my work and excel in life.

I will bring kindness, positivity & inspiration to everyone throughout the world no matter their race.

No comments: