Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Picture of the Week

Hey staff-

Sorry about being stalled with the computer's not having access to
either the network or the web.
If you'd like, we can go back to the book! Actually we probably will
anyway, so I shouldn't joke about it or use it as an idle threat. But
hey- great job selling ads. We're only around $1,800, and it would be
much better to have around $2,700 or more, but like I keep saying,
we'll have a couple more waves in our campaign.

In other news, the senior class voted to pop for a color section. So,
once our computer lab is in business again, we should select a team to
layout those pages- even without many pictures yet. That's an
important principle of graphic design that we should all learn. Layout
first, then put pictures into it- don't just slap a layout together
after you have pictures. That's not a design, that's an accident.

But here's what I'm REALLY writing you about- Photography. I've
instituted a new feature on the school website, called "Pic of the
week." I back-loaded a picture for each week we've been in school so
far already and unfortunately most of the ones I could find were by
me. Believe it or not, vain as I am, I'd much rather feature YOURS.
So, from now on, think of it as a contest. Take pictures at school or
at least of school people/stuff and let me know when you have a great
one that you think would make a good Pic of the week. Upload it or
email it to me and make sure I know what to look for- write me a note
or something- you know what a flake I am.

When they're posted, you'll see them at
http://www.boyer-valley.k12.ia.us/vnews/display.v/SEC/District%3E%3E%20The%20Archive%20Yearbook

See you 6th hour

No comments: