Thursday, November 8, 2007

Yearbook; important dates

Remember to get your planned-absence sheets from Mr. Mallory ASAP because...
  • Thursday, November 15- Sell Ads
There are also some other dates you should be aware of:
  • Friday, November 30- Currently assigned pages due
  • Friday, November 30- Cover Design due (Cody & your team- Jamie, Liv, House?)
  • Wednesday, December 19- Cover due in to plant
  • March 31- Plant Deadline 1- 28 pages due
  • April 1- Color Deadline- IF SENIORS vote to pay for color, the Senior Section must be in
  • June 9- Final Deadline for 2007-08 book
Other stuff you should know-
  • Soon, you will be able to do some of the work for the yearbook online. Next week, I'll give you your login names and passwords, and give you a quick tour of http://yearbookavenue.jostens.com
  • You may also be interested in Colleen's website, so get ideas and maybe even help that you don't get from me. No password necessary to visit http://www.yearbookexplosion.com
  • You can now pre-order your copy of the 2007-08 Yearbook just by visiting the school's website http://www.boyer-valley.k12.ia.us
Don't just order your own yearbook, but be sure to tell kids and their parents, email them the web address, get this out there so people start buying them.
  • Yes, we'll go back and review those terms from 2 weeks ago, I'll actually post them here this time, and we'll re-schedule our little vocabulary quiz for NEXT Friday (11/16).
  • Hey- I wanna tell you. You guys are doing a great job so far. I really appreciate how you're pretty much all actually diving in and trying to do this layout thing on InDesign. I know you'll probably think I'm just blowing smoke here, but I think that this may be the best yearbook staff I have EVER had. I mean that. I even told Colleen that I thought so. Keep it up!

No comments: