Tuesday, April 12, 2011

PLEASE read and fill out

Here's who's actually, officially signed up (by this form) for cheer next year so far:
Jennifer Zehner (8), for Football
Shannon Zehner (10), for Basketball
Sam Bonham (11), for Football
Marissa Bruck (8), for Both

Here's who's talked to me in person and told me they're planning on it:
Cammey Hast (11), for Both
Kayla Sternberg (11), for Football
Melinda See (8), for Football
Jamie Platner (8), for Both

We need girls who'll get along together, make it fun for each other and for the crowd, stick with it and show up. We need girls with school spirit who will represent Boyer Valley well and inspire pride and participation.

I've been encouraged to recruit girls who will cheer frequently and loudly and (I'll be frank with you) girls who the student body will respond favorably to and follow, rather than just accepting kids who may be more on the social fringe. I want to be careful not to be discriminatory, but I do want to build a program that will be positive and build school spirit and pride.

If you don't come out for Cheer, then the only people I'll have to choose from are the handful of people who've already filled this form out. I think they'll be good cheerleaders, but if you think more people, or different people should go out for cheer, then you need to come out and encourage others to come out with you.

I'm tired of having only 5 people come out and then having one or two or three of them drop out. I'd much rather have 12-20 people tryout, choose the best 6 or 8 and keeping those 6 or 8 all season.
  • Please fill this form out, even if you've already talked to me in person or filled something out on facebook.
  • Please fill this form out, even if you're still undecided and even if you have decided that you don't want to cheer.
  • Please forward it on to friends whom you think would make a great cheerleader.
  • Seniors and Alumni, please forward this to current 8th-11th graders who you think should tryout for Cheer

PLEASE let me know which date would work best for cheer tryouts






Ted Mallory
Boyer Valley Community Schools
Challenging all students to meet their full potential 
Art | Yearbook | Cheerleading | Newsletter | Web Coordinator

School- 712-643-2258 Ext. 249
Cell- 712-269-5853

 


No comments: