Thursday, January 13, 2011

PHOTO: Online Resources

Bet you're sick of hearing from me by now. I'll back off for a few days, but first- I wanted to make sure you had this latest wiki page, 

This is a list of links. 
  • Some of them are online photo/image editors (like Photoshop, only Web-based). 
  • Some of them are websites that let you store your photos online (very convenient). 
  • And a few of them are places where you can have your digital pictures made into prints (I know, you're probably satisfied with facebook and your phone, but your Grandma might want a good old fashioned 4x6 she can put on her mantle- not to mention that portfolio due at the end of the semester, or maybe a nice 4H project next summer!).
Try exploring and experimenting with some of them in the next week or two. Later on, I'll have you fill-out a review sheet on at least one of them for a grade- but more importantly, consider using some of them for real.

I've thought about having all 4 of us use one of the storage sites, like Flicker, Photobucket or Picassa instead of even messing with the school's server- but I'm undecided as to which we should use. Perhaps... (thinking while typing) each of you should be assigned one to review for the rest of us. How would you feel about that as an assignment? Then we'd all vote on the best one. Don't worry about having to do this yet- but tell me if you think it's a good idea.

Meanwhile, keep reading through pp. 1-19 and I'll talk you again on Monday.


Ted Mallory
Boyer Valley Community Schools
Challenging all students to meet their full potential 
Art | Yearbook | Cheerleading | Newsletter | Web Coordinator

School- 712-643-2258 Ext. 249
Cell- 712-269-5853

No comments: