Thursday, January 13, 2011

PHOTO: Portfolios

http://digphoto.wikispaces.com/Portfolios

Please read and print out a copy of this page- the portfolios will be our running assignment all semester. I gave Maddie a hard-copy this morning, although I've made some changes to it.

What I plan to do is to assign a deadline for each of the 18 projects in the coming weeks. I'd also like to give you links to examples of each kind of shot to help you understand what we're looking for. 

In the mean time, feel free to get started trying to shoot any of the 18 kinds of pictures you like- experimenting/playing even before you read about any of them in the text book.

As soon as you can, start saving pictures in the following folder at school:
\\Server3\students\photography

Eventually, I will have assignments for you to do in PhotoShop there. If you don't know how to download pictures from your camera to the computer or from your home computer to a flash drive and from a flash drive to this folder on the school server, come see me and I'll show you how. You can also email pictures to me for me to place in the folder. Madie tagged me in one on facebook- you can share them with me on facebook rather than tagging me- although if I were to try to save them from facebook, they may not have a resolution high enough to print well for your portfolios. You'll learn more about that later. For now, have fun taking notes for yourself on pp. 1-19 and/or starting on these portfolios!

Thanks for your patience with me you guys. This is the first time I've taught this independent-study. It may feel like it's all on you, but I think that in the past I taught it with too much book and lecture and not enough student work, so... having to set this up for you will help me do a better job whichever way I teach it from now on.


Ted Mallory
Boyer Valley Community Schools
Challenging all students to meet their full potential 
Art | Yearbook | Cheerleading | Newsletter | Web Coordinator

School- 712-643-2258 Ext. 249
Cell- 712-269-5853

No comments: