Sunday, June 14, 2009

Benefit List

There are many benefits for you. Think of as many as you can, and list them in your sketchbook. Include those included in the list below. Add additional benefits you become aware of as you study Drawing this semester. Here are some questions to ask yourself. Write your answers in your sketchbook.

  1. What can drawing do for me?
  2. What can drawing change for me?
  3. How am I going to be able to use drawing?
  4. What can drawing teach me?
  5. How can drawing help me grow?

Here is a list of possible benefits from artist Robert Dvorak's book 'Experiential Drawing:'
  • develops concentration skills
  • increases perception and awareness
  • means of expression
  • mode of communication
  • helps you discover your creativity
  • relaxing and energizing process
  • develop ability to imagine and create
  • satisfaction from sense of accomplishment
  • & therefore, increased self-esteem

No comments: