Monday, June 8, 2009

Book suggestion

Experiential Drawing Experiential Drawing by Robert R. Dvorak


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
INTERESTING, A lot of the same concepts as Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, but a lot less technical. Much easier to read and tons of really practical exercises for people first learning to draw. Think I'll use a lot of this to supplement or even replace a lot of what I teach already. I definitely recommend this to anyone who'd like to try to teach themselves to draw. I think it may be out of print, so you'll have to order a used copy, but what the heck, that's usually cheaper. Good stuff. I've been teaching Drawing for 16+ years now and been seeking out and/or reading books on drawing for a lot longer than that and this is the first one that I like nearly as much as Drawing on the Right Side- WHAT A FIND!


View all my reviews.

No comments: