Sunday, June 14, 2009

Your Goals and Strategies

List your goals on a new page in your sketchbook. Ask yourself: What will be required to feel really good about my drawing ability? What is my purpose for drawing? What do I want to accomplish?

Design your outcomes. While you are writing goals, you may want to list other goals that don't have anything to do with drawing. Once you know what your goals are, you can decide what you need to do to reach them- what you need to change, what you need to learn, and what you need to unlearn.

The next step in building your foundation is to write down all the strategies that occur to you. What do you think you need to do to be able to draw the way you want to? For example, you might write:
  1. I must learn to see better
  2. I need to relax and let go
  3. I have to learn techniques
  4. I need some lessons
Now, make your own list. List all the things you think you'll need to do.

No comments: